Corruption index - followup

This is in continuation of my earlier blog on the corruption perception index released by Transparency International for 2009.

I had posted comments in the  Transperancy International Blog   about the ratings assigned to Switzerland and the need to give negative ratings for such countries, which promote secret investments. While acknowledging my remark, one Mr.Neumann referred me to the Financial Secrecy Index  developed by Tax Justice Network.

Initially, I was under the impression that in the entire world, only Switzerland entertains such secret investments. But, I was surprised to know a lot many countries entertain such investments. USA (Delaware) & Luxembourg are rated even ahead of Switzerland in the financial secrecy index ranking, though Switzerland scores 100/100 on opacity. The avenues available for parking the illicit wealth are just too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Buzz

Statistics about countries in the world.

SEBI - a proactive investor friendly regulator.